Our experienced Technicians have many years of experience repairing and rebuilding 4WD engines. The process is to fully disassemble, comprehensively inspect all components and replace or recondition any part deemed too worn for reuse.
Following is a list of pertinent points relating to our engine rebuilds
- Dis-assembled and reassembled by the one mechanic
- Hot tank chemical clean all components
- All parts are checked for tolerances, alignment and wear
- Block machine bored & honed, resurfaced, main tunnel check/machined
- Crankshaft tested for straightness, crack tested and reground/linished
- New pistons, gudegon pins & rings – upgraded if requested
- New mains, thrusts, conrods & cam bearings
- All bearing clearances ‘plasti-gauged’ on assembly
- Conrods checked for sized, straightness and new bushes – upgraded if requested
- Overhauled head – pressure tested, faced, valve grind, new stem seals
- New head bolts – as required
- New water pump
- New welsh plugs – as required
- New timing belt, tensioner and pulleys
- All gaskets and seals replaced
In-house Fitting includes
- Radiator clean
- Silicon oil in fan hub
- New Hoses, genuine Thermostat, Oil Filter, Running-In Oil & Coolant
1HZ Motor Rebuild & Upgrade Options
When the time comes to rebuild the 1HZ engine, you may want to consider fitting factory turbo equivalent pistons.
Good quality 1HZ pistons can be used in conjunction with an aftermarket turbo and this will be no problem, but the factory turbo 1HDT pistons will take a lot more fuel, more boost, more heat of combustion, hence higher Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT).
To change to the turbo type, you have to use the 1HDT rods, they have a larger gudgeon diameter, there is no mistaking the difference.
The 1HDT type have the compression bowl in the top, where as the 1HZ are flat topped, so we use a 1HDT equivalent piston, 1HDT temperature tolerant, but 1HZ shape.
As a 4WD Touring vehicle, there is no need to go to the ceramic top coated pistons, this is for real performance engines in specific applications of full load or very high boost.
Hope this is not to confusing!
Our Technicians have a vast amount of experience with 1HZ modifications and rebuilds. One mechanic works on the engine from start to finish, rather than production line assembly.
This also means our Warranty means something!
If you would like any further information or to discuss 1HZ upgrades for your Landcruiser, please make contact with one of our experienced staff.